Is home teeth whitening a practical solution for those ugly, yellow, discolored teeth? Luckily in the last few years technology has evolved to the point where effective home teeth whitening is a reality. Just be careful not to fall for any "gimmicks" or ineffective methods.
Your smile is one of the first things a person will notice about your appearance. If you're walking around with stained yellow teeth, the chances are that you're not as confident as you could be … and you're not allowing yourself to smile naturally and spontaneously.
Here are some valid reasons for wanting to brighten your smile:
– You're going on job interviews and you want to look your best
– You're single and want to be attractive to the opposite sex
– You want to smile more often but feel self conscious about it
– You want to boost your self esteem
Whatever your reasons for wanting a whiter smile, it can easily be achieved and there is no reason to continue suffering with a smile you're embarrassed about.
There are a few things you should know about at-home teeth whitening products: Not all are created equal, and some are just a waste of time and money.
Here are some teeth bleaching products to steer clear of:
– Whitening strips. These are simple to use, but because the strips are flat they fail to get into the countless grooves that makeup the surface of your teeth. The result is uneven whitening at best.
– Brush-on gel. In order for a brush-on product to work, it needs to dry and stay on overnight. This is impossible because your saliva dissolves the gel while you sleep, making the process totally ineffective.
Home teeth whitening products that work:
Mouth tray / whitening gel combos. These work by placing a quality whitening gel into a molded mouth tray and leaving it on your teeth for several hours. This is very similar to the type of treatment you will find in a dentist's office. It works just as well, but the big difference is price. Instead of paying $ 500 – $ 1000 for an in-office treatment, you're only going to pay a fraction of that.
With a little bit of research you can easily find a quality home teeth whitening product … and start feeling confident about your smile again!